- Accommodation can be booked on a per person rate or a sole-use of lodge rate for a group of up to ten guests. We do offer a further Sole-Use Special for South African Residents.
- Accommodation for a bona fide tour leader, pilot, driver or guide is offered in B-grade accommodation. The reduced rate is solely for accommodation and meals. This rate does not include special activities available to full paying guests.
- Check-in 14h00 and check-out 11h00. Any variations on these times must be advised prior to the guests’ arrival at the reserve and are at the sole discretion of the manager.
Children of all ages are welcome if the lodge is taken on a sole-use basis. Please note that the cottage is surrounded by natural clear ponds and the reserve is mountainous. Children remain the sole responsibility of their parents whilst visiting Mount Anderson and visits are subject to the signing of the appropriate indemnities upon arrival.
- Please inform our reservations office of any special dietary requirements and drinks preferences.
- The climate over much of southern Africa is temperate. However, because Mount Anderson is located at high altitude, temperatures tend to be cooler than in most areas.
- The summers are warm and winters are generally mild during the day but cold in the early morning and evenings.
The dress code is casual but a sweater is advisable throughout the year.
During the winter months (May to September) warm clothes are essential.
Appropriate attire is required for activities i.e.: mountain biking, horse-riding.
- All water is guaranteed perfectly safe for drinking.
- All guests will be required to fill in the standard indemnity forms upon arrival.
- Mobile phone coverage and wireless internet connectivity is available at Golden Cottage.
- Mount Anderson is situated in a malaria free area.
- Should guests have any medical conditions, it is vital to advise the lodge beforehand upon making a reservation.
- First Aid equipment available at the lodge and on the vehicles.
- A doctor and hospital is available 40 minutes away in Lydenburg.
- 24 hour back up medical and emergency service on hand.
- Guests are to settle any extras via credit card / cash at the lodge before departure.
- 220v A.C. current is available 24 hours per day.
- Golden Cottage does not have a swimming pool, but the numerous clear ponds surrounding the cottage as well as the lakes on the property serve as natural swimming pools.
- It is advisable for all guests visiting South Africa to have at least 3 blank pages and 6 months validity on their passports.
- Please enquire with your local South African Embassy if travel visas are required.
- It is also advisable to check if there are any current U/18 children travel requirements and further documentation.
- Via scheduled flight & road transfer: Scheduled flights on SA Airlink or SA Express to nearby Nelspruit, Hoedspruit and Skukuza in the Kruger National Park. There are daily flights between these airports and Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Livingstone (Zambia) and Vilanculous (Mozambique). At an additional cost, Mount Anderson Reservations office can assist with a direct road transfer from here (90 minutes – 3 hours) or a longer Panorama Road Tour taking in the tourist highlights of the area en-route.
- Via helicopter: This scenic transfer between the airports listed above is highly recommended and can include a picnic lunch in the mountains overlooking the Blyde River Canyon. There is a helipad at the Golden Cottage. Please enquire for these heli-transfer rates.
- Via private charter flight: We have access to a very well maintained private airfield on an adjoining farm. Please enquire with our Reservations team should you want further information on this option.
- Via self drive / road transfer: Approximately 4 hours’ drive from Johannesburg, 3 hours from Kruger National Park (or the private game reserves on its border) and 90 minutes from Nelspruit and Hoedspruit. Longer ‘Panorama Tours’ including highlights such as the Blyde River Canyon, Bourke’s Potholes, God’s Window, and Pilgrims Rest are also available. Please enquire with the Mount Anderson Reservations office is able to provide a quote and make these reservations for you.
- Currently charged at 15% and is included in the price of most goods, services and hotel accommodation.
- Foreign tourists qualify for a VAT refund on items purchased and taken out of the country upon departure. However, no VAT refund may be claimed on goods consumed or services rendered and this includes hotel accommodation.
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Cameras and binoculars.
- Summer: Lightweight clothing but warm clothing for the evenings and game drives.
- Winter: Light clothing for daytime but very warm clothing, including insulated jackets, for the evenings and game drives.
- Appropriate attire for certain activities i.e. mountain-biking and horse-riding.